Important Insurance Information
At the start of a new year, it would be prudent to remind you all of the conditions of our club insurance. As a member of SEAMS, you automatically have insurance cover for your engines. This is arranged through Bickerstaff Association of Vintage and Collectors Clubs (BAVCC) with the policy held with NFU. This insurance cover is dependent on you abiding by the BAVCC conditions when exhibiting your engines.
Conditions for Insurance Cover
(BAVCC Safety Code)
1) Machinery will be attended by the owner/representative whilst running. The minimum age for an exhibitor will be 13 years of age
2) Machines will only be used for the purpose for which they were designed
3) All working exhibits will be displayed behind barriers and the exhibit will be at least 6 feet away from the barrier and three feet from the next exhibit. The barrier should consist of two
ropes or security fencing etc secured to posts or metal pins.
4) A notice should be displayed requesting the public to remain outside the barrier at all times.
5) Every exhibitor will be in possession of and be protected by valid Public Liability Insurance with a limit of £5,000,000
6) All traders must have their own public and product liability insurance to trade on the rally site. This includes car boot sales. Traders should sign a declaration to the effect that they
do have insurance cover
Abide by these rules and insurance provides for member to member and member to public cover whilst on the rally, event or meeting being run in accordance with the safety rules. Cover is for £5,000,000. There is no limit on the number of exhibits a person displays at an event. Cover is available for anywhere in the UK and Channel Island providing the safety rules are applied. Cover within Europe is available conditional on notification of event date and member details.
Any claims under this insurance should be made to BAVCC with a claim form stating all the facts. All claims under this insurance carry a £100 excess.
Of course this safety code is not exhaustive, it only defines the conditions under which insurance cover is provided. We are all responsible for safety when exhibiting so please remain fully aware of what is happening around you. If you see something that you believe is unsafe, make your views known and if this is ignored, inform one of the rally stewards or the site safety officer.